- 1 (500g) pack linguine
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 dessert spoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- small handful chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1kg (1 1/4 lb) fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
‘This deceptively simple saute of butter, garlic, wine, Parmesan and prawns is great for midweek entertaining. Serve over hot linguine and garnish with chopped parsley’.
Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 8
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a fring pan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine, cheese, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Increase heat to medium high and add prawns to pan; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns begin to turn pink. Do not overcook.
- Divide pasta into portions and spoon sauce and prawns on top; garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories from Fat: 44.5kcal, Fat: 4.9g, Saturated Fat: 1.7g, cholesterol: 77.5mg, Sodium: 113.3mg, Potassium: 207mg, Carbohydrates: 42.2g, Dietary Fibre: 2g, Protein: 17.7g, Vitamin A: 58mcg, Vitamin C: 1.5kmg, Calcium: 47.7mg, Iron: 2.8mg, Niacin equivalents: 6.9mg, Vitamin B6: 0.1mg, Magnesium: 45.8mg, Folate: 114.4mcg
Check out allrecipes.co.uk for some great recipe ideas..